Starting and Growing Your Business
HOPE Business Program: Starting and Growing Your Business is a character-focused, faith-based business training program specifically designed for impoverished women and at-risk girls who:
- Demonstrate potential
- Have a moderate level of literacy
- Desire to provide for themselves and honorably compete in the marketplace
- May be graduating soon from a safe house, rescue center, or orphanage
- Need hope for a better life
Starting and Growing Your Business is facilitated by a Program Leader who:
- Has a heart to give at-risk women and girls a voice, a choice, and a chance, thereby helping to prevent human trafficking
- Desires to do something practical and powerful to help women achieve financial independence and build a better life
- Is passionate about sharing God’s love
Starting and Growing Your Business is a life-changing 12-month training program, which includes a 20-week formal business curriculum followed by informal bi-weekly meetings during the 24-week HOPE Loan repayment period.
To become better acquainted with this program, refer to the program excerpts below, especially “Sara’s Story.” This illustrated narrative gives students an overview of what they will be learning in Starting and Growing Your Business. It is also used throughout the program to reinforce specific business concepts as they are taught.